Thursday, October 30, 2008

It's Raining!

Right now it just started raining for the first time this fall, and for some reason I am so happy to see and hear the rain. Normally, I mourn the passing of summer. I love summer, and I love warm weather. I deal with heat much better than I do the cold. So, normally this time of year is a downer for me. The days start getting shorter, and the weather gets colder. I really dislike being cold.

But, it doesn't seem to be bothering me this time around, and I'm pretty sure I know why. Now, normally at this point I would state a disclaimer that anyone who is not in the mood to read something cheesy should stop reading now, but since Devon is the only person who knows about my blog right now and I know she won't mind my cheesy-ness, no disclaimer needed. But I suppose one day others will read this blog, so if you are one of those future readers, consider yourself forewarned.

I don't think I mind the onset of colder weather because it means that my wedding day is getting closer. 58 Days to be exact. I never thought I would get married in the winter. Ever. It's the last season I would have predicted I would get married in. But, ever since we decided on a date I've become even more excited about a winter wedding and I think it's a good fit for us. We met in the winter, after all. Plus, I am really hoping that I will be too delirous with joy to notice that I'm freezing my a@$ off.

Ted and I have our engaged encounter weekend starting tomorrow. I can't imagine that I won't have something to blog about when I get home.

1 comment:

Devon and Josh said...

Oh, my dear Amy!! I just love reading your blogs! I always find myself laughing when I am done. Before you even mentioned why the weather was not bothering you, I instantly thought "because her wedding day is approaching!!!" I love that you know how many days it is until your wedding. I think that it makes it that much more exciting. I personally can't wait for your wedding. You will be the most beautiful bride. Enjoy your engaged encounter this weekend! Now that is a post I am looking forward to!!